Applying for Nursery School

To apply for a place at our Nursery School or Daycare, please bring in a Passport of Full Birth Certificate for the child and proof of address for the parent/carer (recent utility bill or bank/building society statement).   We will register your child and once a place becomes available, we will contact you either by letter or telephone.  You may register your child from birth, but please remember to update your details if they change from the time you register until they have started Nursery with us.


Please take a look at our admissions policy in the link below:


Nursery Places Criteria

All 3 to 4-year-olds in England can get 570 hours of free early education or childcare per year.This is usually taken as 15 hours each week for 38 weeks of the year. 


From September 2017 working parents of 3 & 4 year olds maybe eligible for free a 30 hour place.   Please see the criteria letter at the bottom of this page.


3 to 4-year-olds


You can start claiming free childcare after your child turns 3. The date you can claim will depend on when their birthday is.

Child’s birthday

When you can claim

1 January to 31 March

the beginning of term on or after 1 April

1 April to 31 August

the beginning of term on or after 1 September

1 September to 31 December

the beginning of term on or after 1 January


The free early education and childcare can be at:

  • all types of nurseries and nursery classes
  • playgroups and pre-school
  • childminders                                    

Contact your local council for more information about free early education and childcare in your area.

You can also search for help with childcare in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

You can’t continue to claim free childcare once your child starts reception class in a state school.




Birmingham City Council video about benefits of 2 year old nursery place


Some 2-year-olds in England can get 15 hours free early education and childcare.

You must be getting one of the following:

  • Universal credit

  • Income support

  • Income-based Job Seekers' Allowance

  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (If you are unable to work due to illness or a disability)

  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999

  • The Guarantee element of the State Pension Credit; or Child Tax Credit, provided they have an annual gross income of no more than £15,400 as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

  • Working Tax Credits (including those in receipt during the four-week period immediately after their employment ceases, or after they start to work fewer than 16 hours per week) with a household income of less than £15,400 as assessed by HMRC.

  • The child is looked after by their local authority.

  • The child who has left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order.

  • The child has a current statement of special educational needs or an Education, Health and Care plan.

  • The child is in receipt of the Disability Living Allowance.


your child is eligible, you can start claiming after they turn 2. The date you can claim will depend on when their birthday is.

Free education and childcare for 2-year-olds

Your 2-year-old can get free childcare if you live in England and get one of the following benefits:

  • Income Support
  • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Universal Credit, and your household income is £15,400 a year or less after tax, not including benefit payments
  • tax credits, and your household income is £16,190 a year or less before tax
  • the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
  • the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)

2-year-olds can also get free childcare if they:

You may have to pay for extra costs like meals, nappies or trips.

Contact your childcare provider Government website  or local council to find out more.


If you’re a non-EEA citizen who cannot claim benefits


Your 2-year-old may get free childcare if you are getting support under the Immigration and Asylum Act and have either:

  • claimed asylum in the UK and are waiting for a decision (known as ‘part 6’)
  • been refused asylum in the UK (known as ‘section 4’)

A 2-year-old you care for may also get free childcare if your household income is £15,400 a year or less after tax, and you have either:

Check with your local council if you’re unsure if you can get free childcare.

Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland

There are different schemes in ScotlandWales and Northern Ireland.



30 hour free place criteria