Government guidance on child sickness in Early Years settings can be found on the link below. The guidance is used by practitioners to help control the spreading of viral infections. We would still advise you to seek further guidance from your GP or health visitor.
We aim to provide an environment that is safe for children, parents and staff. To ensure this we have specific guidelines that we adhere to:
- Please inform us if your child has any infectious illnesses so we are best prepared to deal with these in line with Birmingham City Council guidelines.
- A child who becomes unwell at the centre may not be able to stay for the session at the discretion of the staff.
- Hand washing is essential to prevent the spread of infection. Everyone will use clean water, liquid soap and disposable paper towels for hand washing.
- An adequate first aid box is available including disposable gloves for staff.
- Staff can only administer prescribed medication. Written permission must be obtained from parents/legal guardians and records kept up to date and signed as evidence of when medicine was administered and by whom.
- Evacuation procedures will be displayed and fire drills done at least once a term.
- Fire exits will remain clear at all times and will be clearly marked.
- NO SMOKING in or around the centre.
- Children will not be allowed to go home with someone the staff are unfamiliar with. Please inform staff beforehand if you have arranged for someone different to collect your child.